To celebrate the arrival of spring, we’re super excited to bring you this delicious, exclusive recipe we’ve developed with our nutritionist, Julie DesGroseilliers.
It’s a stuffed sweet potato that’s actually a meal in itself! It’s tasty, easy to make and more than a little indulgent. The subtly smokey flavour of our Calumet cheese gives it that summery feel everyone loves. And with all the protein in the sweet potato, mushrooms, chick peas and cheese, it makes a very satisfying meal.
You can also make the recipe with our Calumet Light cheese for a low fat version that’s just as delicious.
Here are the details:
FROMAGERIE BERGERON’S CALUMET CHEESE, CHICKPEA AND MUSHROOM STUFFED BAKED POTATO
Makes: 4 servings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes, about 310 g (2/3 lb) each
- Olive oil, to taste
- 6 slices bacon
- 500 ml (2 cups) onions, sliced into rings
- 750 ml (3 cups) mushrooms of your choice, chopped
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 389 ml (14 oz.) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (200 g) Fromagerie Bergeron Le Calumet cheese, diced
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Scrub each potato and wrap in a double thickness of aluminum foil. Prick with a fork in a few places and place on grill. Cook about 40 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a non-stick pan. Remove bacon, drain, crumble into bits and set aside. Place the onions in the bacon fat (adjust the amount of fat to taste) and cook 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the chick peas, cheese, chives and bacon. Mix well.
- Using a spoon, open up the cooked potatoes lengthwise. Stuff with the mushroom mixture and serve.
Recipe, food styling and photo: Julie DesGroseilliers, nutritionist