It’s easy to make a salad tantalizingly attractive yet still healthy with our Six Pourcent cheese. It adds a hint of salty, slightly acidic sweetness as well as protein to a whole host of salad recipes, notably this orzo, nut and vegetable version.
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) orzo
- 300 g (2/3 lb) asparagus, cut into pieces
- 1 200 g package Six Pourcent cheese from Fromagerie Bergeron
- 1 small red onion
- 250 ml (1 cup) roasted red peppers
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) red grapes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pecan halves
For the dressing:
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped parsley
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) dried tomato pesto
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) cider vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) old-fashioned mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot of boiling water, cook orzo until al dente.
- About 3 minutes before orzo is cooked, add the asparagus to the pot. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again.
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Cut the cheese, red onion and roasted peppers into dice. Cut grapes in half.
- Add all ingredients to the salad bowl. Toss.
Proteins 29 g
M.F. 37 g
Glucides 71 g
Fibre 6 g
Iron 4 mg
Calcium 523 mg
Sodium 748 mg
Source: Je Cuisine